Thursday, January 6, 2011

Be true to yourself

No two people are the same, we all know that, yet we tend to try to be like someone else. We envy other peoples lives that we forget who we are. Before anyone can find true happiness and peace, we must first learn to love ourselves, and be true to who we are. We can admire others for their gifts and talents, but trying to be like them is a huge waste of precious energy. Your unique and beautiful, now it's time you learn to believe it. A friend of mine once told me those exact words, but at first I didn't believe them. But now I know the real me, the person that wears her heart on her sleeve, the person that loves until she can't love anymore, the one that cries when she is hurt. I KNOW who I am, I love the woman I have become, and I know wonderful, wonderful things lie ahead...Life has it's ups and downs, we will be hurt by others, we will be loved by others, and in the end, the people that will be standing by your side, are the same ones that believed in you, even when you didn't believe in yourself, those are your precious treasures, those are the Angels that were sent to you to walk through this life. They love you when your happy, or sad, or angry or hurt, they love you for YOU, so be true to yourself, and never let anyone take your light from you.

3 comments: