Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Winter's day in the kitchen


As much as I can't wait to dig in the soil, I must admit I am enjoying my Winter this year. I've been creating yummy delights in the kitchen, and enjoying the look on my hubby's face when he takes that first bite, It's like watching a child eating ice cream for the first time, just so cute. Creating inside or outside is so good for the soul. So instead of whinning about not being able to get outdoors and dig in the garden, why not stay in where it's warm and cozy and dig into your recipe box? For those that know me, know I love to cook, it's apart of who I am, and it allows me to be creative. Today's creations were Sour Dough Bread and German Chocolate cake from scratch...So let the temps drop, let the snow fall, I am loving my inside time with my man, and cookbooks.

1 comment:

  1. Yumm....looks delish!! Your words were like a pull up in the rocking chair and sit a spell...friend. Lovely and I am looking forward to each winter day as well...thanks for reminding me of the good things of winter.

    G

    ReplyDelete