Saturday, January 8, 2011

A friend just reminded me of Springtime

My sweet friend Geordannah made a beautiful pair of Earthy green earrings that reminded her of fresh Basil, and her thoughts made me feel almost giddy with excitement that Spring and planting season is just around the corner. I am making planters for my herb garden, and each will be painted a fun, brilliant color, and I will have Basil, and Sage, and Rosemary, and thyme, and dill and Parsley and lavender, and anything else I can find. Like my friend, my soul is yearning to feel the earth between my fingers, and to smell all the different smells of the herbs. It was a good reminder for me, that it isn't the big things that matter, it's the small ones that make your soul feel alive.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely...and the wheel turns!! My herbs are calling to me to dear sister...glad I could bring a touch of Spring to your day....Love and light and thoughts of herbs...G

    ReplyDelete